In My Computer we are having one or more drives/partitions of our hard disk. Those drives always look with their default icon. I don’t know how many of you know but we can also change the icon of those drives as per we like. Yes we can put any icon from our collection instead of those boring default icons for drives. This will surely make My Computer window cooler and we can see something new in it. The process is not that hard, you can easily implement it by yourself. Let see how can we do it?
Image Credits to: digitalart
How to Do it?
Now suppose we need to change the icon of C drive in my computer. Let see procedure for it.
- First found the icon which you need to put there. Let’s take demo.ico icon for it.(It must be in .ICO file format)
- Then put that icon in c drive. (Not in any folder, put it directly in C drive)
- Now open the notepad and copy paste the below thing:
- Now save this file with name: autorun.inf
- Put this file also into C drive directly like we have put our icon previously.
That’s all need to do.
Just go to my computer and refresh it and your icon should have changed. If it is still not changed than just restart your computer and that will done all.
To get back the old icon again, just delete those two files we have created and refresh my computer or restart the computer. Your old icon will be their again.
So this is it. Hope you liked it. Have fun.